Our volunteers offer their time, talent, and good will to help execute and further advance the Make-A-Wish® mission. They work within all areas of the organization, serving as event committee members or office interns, securing event sponsorships, or working directly with our wish children.
Whatever the task, Make-A-Wish volunteers share a strong commitment to our mission and wish children. In return, the Foundation staff provides volunteers with opportunities for meaningful work through training and responsible management.
Join us in this rewarding work and bring joy into the lives of our wish children.
Specialist volunteers serve in the following capacities:
- Wish-granting volunteers in Franklin, Hampden, Berkshire, and Hampshire counties in Massachusetts
- Spanish-speaking volunteers in Rhode Island
- Individuals with daytime, weekday availability to represent Make-A-Wish as speakers
- Office Volunteers - Assist with day-to-day office tasks such as data entry, mailings, answering phones, and organizing files.
- Fundraiser/ Special Events Volunteers - Help the Foundation plan and host events to raise funds for wishes. Events include annual Golf Tournaments; Wish Night; Holiday Wish-A-Thon; and the annual Gala. Click here to learn more about Make-A-Wish signature events.
- Community Events and Promotions Volunteers - Support community events and/or promotions held by corporate supporters. Opportunities range from staffing registration booths, helping with raffles, or serving as a Make-A-Wish representative at the site of a promotion. Click here for our calendar of events and click here to learn more about promotions.
- Kids For Wish Kids® Volunteers - Visit and speak with school groups about the work and importance of Make-A-Wish in support of school fundraising efforts for wishes. Click here to learn more about Kids For Wish Kids.
- Wish Volunteers - Work in teams of two to meet with wish families, help a child discover his/her most heartfelt wish, and assist in enhancing the wish experience.
- Bilingual Interpreters - Help to facilitate wish experiences for non-English-speaking families. Interpreters have the option of becoming fully-trained Wish Volunteers, or they can provide short-term support on an as-needed basis. The languages needed most often are Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and Russian.
- Meet-and-Greet Volunteers - Assist families at the airport as they depart and or return from their wish experiences.
- Public Speaking Volunteers - Represent the organization at a variety of speaking engagements in order to promote awareness of our mission, raise funds, or recruit volunteers.
- Creative Support Volunteers - Contribute your specialized skills (such as photography, graphic design, writing, carpentry, or computer system/software installation) to a variety of organizational activities including wishes and fundraising events.