The 30th Anniversary Make-A-Wish® Gala,
“Where Every Wish is a Home Run,” Saturday, April 8
Pitching Legend Tim Wakefield Participates as Boston Red Sox are Honored
WHAT: Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island is celebrating 30 years of wish granting and will host the 30th Anniversary Make-A-Wish Gala, “Where Every Wish is a Home Run,” at the InterContinental Boston on Saturday, April 8, 2017. Join emcee Liz Brunner for an inspirational evening - including a tribute to longtime wish granting partner, the Boston Red Sox - to help grant wishes for children in Massachusetts and Rhode Island with life-threatening medical conditions. Hear powerful stories of the children, families, and community members and cheer for every wish child’s home run.
As our 30th Anniversary Honoree, the Boston Red Sox leadership, including Chairman Tom Werner and President Sam Kennedy, will accept an award for their extraordinary partnership in transforming the lives of wish children. Red Sox pitching legend Tim Wakefield will participate along with Massachusetts wish recipients who chose a Red Sox related wish. Wally the Green Monster will also be in attendance.
WHO: Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island, wish grantors and special guests including:
Wish Stars & Special Guests:
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher; Honorary Chairman, Red Sox Foundation
- Boston Red Sox Chairman Tom Werner and President Sam Kennedy
- Wally the Green Monster will attend and pose for photos during cocktail reception
- Tiffany Rowe, 28-yr volunteer & wish recipient shares the life-long impact of her wish
- Massachusetts wish recipients spanning the last three decades
- Gala Emcee Liz Brunner of Brunner Communications;
- 500+ attendees including the region’s most notable business and philanthropic leaders;
- Learn more at massri.wish.org/gala.
WHEN: Saturday, April 8, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Cocktail Reception and Silent Auction Open: 6:30 pm
- Dinner and Evening Program featuring wish children/families begins: 8:00 pm
- Award presentation to the Boston Red Sox during Evening Program
- Live Auction and Fund-A-Wish Open: 9:30 pm; Afterglow Reception: 10:30 pm
WHERE: InterContinental Boston, 510 Atlantic Avenue, Boston Massachusetts
About Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island grants wishes for children between the ages of 2½ and 18 years of age with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. For a child with a life-threatening illness, a wish fulfilled provides profound joy and lasting hope to keep fighting and dreaming for the future. In its 30-year history, the organization has granted close to 8,000 wishes for children in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Visit Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island at www.massri.wish.org for more information, to make a donation, or to learn about volunteer opportunities. Find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/MassRIWish, Twitter at Twitter.com/MakeAWishMassRI and Instagram at Instagram.com/MakeAWishMARI. For more information on our 30th anniversary, visit: www.massri.wish.org/30.
Jordan Salvatoriello, Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island, email@example.com