*** MEDIA ALERT ***
The 2016 Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Monday, June 27, 2016, Shotgun Start 12:00 p.m.
WHAT: On Monday, June 27, Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island will host its annual Golf Classic at the prestigious Springfield Country Club in West Springfield, Massachusetts—to help grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.
The event allows some of the region’s top business and philanthropic leaders - who compete against each other every day in the marketplace - to come together for a day of golf and giving including presenting sponsor The Salema Family and Dunkin’ Donuts, as well as our event committee chaired for the last 15 years by Frank Crinella, Regional Vice President, TD Bank.
The goal for the 2016 Make-A-Wish Golf Classic is to raise $88,000 to grant 11 wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions in western Massachusetts -- the most in the event’s history!
Interview opportunities and photo opps include:
- Event Committee Chair, Frank Crinella of East Longmeadow; Regional Vice President, TD Bank in Springfield
- Vice Committee Chairs: Michael Lefebvre of West Springfield, Vice President, TD Bank; Michael Ryan of Longmeadow, Crevier & Ryan LLC in Springfield
- The Salema Family and Dunkin’ Donuts of Ludlow, MA event Presenting Sponsor
Wish children in attendance:
- Abigail, age 5 who wished to meet a unicorn (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
- Ella, age 8 who wished to go to Walt Disney World® Resort (5 – 7:30 p.m.)
- Amelia Misenheimer, age 10, who wished to go on a Disney Cruise (5 – 7:30 p.m.)
WHEN: Monday, June 27, 2016
10:00 a.m. Registration and the putting green open
11:00 a.m. Luncheon
12:00 p.m. Shotgun start, Bramble Format
5:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception
6:00 p.m. Food stations, auction, and awards
WHERE: Springfield Country Club | 1375 Elm Street, West Springfield, MA
ON SITE CONTACT: Peg Wheble, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island grants wishes for children between the ages of 2½ and 18 years of age with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. For a child with a life-threatening illness, a wish fulfilled provides profound joy and lasting hope to keep fighting and dreaming for the future. In its 29-year history, the organization has granted more than 8,000 wishes for children in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Visit Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island at www.massri.wish.org for more information, to make a donation, or to learn about volunteer opportunities. Find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/MassRIWish, Twitter at Twitter.com/MakeAWishMassRI, and Instagram at Instagram.com/MakeAWishMARI.
# # #