Overview of Program
Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island is seeking one or more dynamic and motivated individuals to assist the organization with growing its current bilingual (Spanish and Portuguese speaking) volunteer base. These individuals will be instrumental in identifying potential partnerships with community, corporate and faith-based groups that may contribute to the recruitment of bilingual Latinos and other nationalities and ethnic groups that are currently underrepresented in the volunteer base. In addition they will assist with profiling the organization’s existing volunteer base.
This opportunity may be eligible for college credit if approved by the individual’s college/university.
Recruitment Specialists will report directly to the Senior Volunteer Manager and work in collaboration with the Public Relations and Media Relations Manager and Bilingual Wish Program Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for carrying out the organization’s bilingual volunteer recruitment plan goals, objectives and action steps for recruitment and outreach.
- Increase recruitment of bilingual volunteers with an immediate concentration on the Spanish and Portuguese speaking communities.
- Work with the Bilingual Outreach Team to develop and implement effective strategies to recruit volunteers with the targeted skills and availability.
- Engage current bilingual volunteers to participate in recruitment discussions/efforts in the community.
- Contribute to the development of presentation materials appropriate for a variety of settings.
- Collaborate with the Communications Team on social media opportunities.
- Track all recruitment and outreach efforts and activities.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Senior Volunteer Manager and Bilingual Outreach Team.
- Fluent Spanish speaking a must. (Portuguese speaking a plus.)
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills (phone, presentation and networking).
- Excellent written communication skills (in both Spanish and English).
- Knowledge of culturally and geographically diverse communities within Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Superior organizational skills / the ability to collect relevant data and to engage in meaningful. monitoring, evaluation and reporting to Bilingual Outreach Team.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States without sponsorship.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Time Commitment and Location
Individuals must commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week, Monday through Friday from February 1, 2015 through August 31, 2015 in one of our three office locations. (Boston, West Springfield or Providence, RI)
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Krista Bishop, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 617.367.1059 No phone calls please.