As a member of the Make-A-Wish®
Massachusetts and Rhode Island team, this position supports the organization’s overall goal to advance towards fulfilling the wish of every eligible child. As a member of the Development Operations team, this position manages several key donor-centric areas for efficiency and effective stewardship and operation. In conjunction with the Development team, these areas include: donor acknowledgments, donor communications, prospect research, and supporting development initiatives through preparing donor solicitations and stewardship materials.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strategizes and executes on overall donor relations in partnership with Director and in support of Development fundraising initiatives.
- Manages donor stewardship processes and tracking which include: donor letters, wish sponsorship acknowledgments, donor recognition and cultivation efforts, and coordination of reports and materials in support of gift officers.
- Monitors and reviews acknowledgment letters for accuracy, timing, and personalization.
- Writes personalized donor acknowledgment letters, refreshes template letters annually, and creates copy for solicitations.
- Manages Annual Appeal campaign including: contributes to content creation of solicitation package, mailing list preparation and segmentation, and generation of personalized letters.
- Researches, writes, and tracks grant proposals.
- Writes and/or edits development copy for publications as needed in partnership with Communications.
- Coordinates timely and inspiring materials, including wish stories, for wish sponsors.
- Partners with Communications in designing donor materials as needed.
- Develops and produces donor stewardship materials and gift recognition items.
- Conducts data mining and prospect research as appropriate.
- Performs other duties and projects as required or assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized, exceptional prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or a comparable relational donor database
- Prospect research skills
- 5-6+ years’ related work experience
- Proven project management and relationship building experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fundraising and stewardship experience preferred
Qualified candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to apply. Writing sample should be five pages or less in the form of development-related communications (e.g. fundraising appeals, donor correspondence, campaign materials or collateral, funding proposals).
Applications should be submitted via mail, email, or fax to:
Donor Relations Manager Search Committee
Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island
One Bulfinch Place, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02114
(617) 367-1059 (fax) or email@example.com
No phone calls, please.