This position is responsible primarily for the growth and successful execution of the Eastern Massachusetts Internal Events, including an Annual Gala, Golf Tournament, and Wine and Wishes event. In collaboration with manager, this position will manage the event volunteer committees and event logistics as well as secure and cultivate event sponsors and in-kind donors. This position is also responsible for working with the Communications Department on marketing the events, with both pre- and post-event updates and information. The position reports to the Vice President of Corporate Alliances and Events and is based out of our Boston, MA, office.
Eastern Massachusetts Internal Events
- Works with manager in developing structure of each internal event, including date, location, committee positions, task timelines, correspondence, fundraising efforts, and solicitation materials.
- Manages the event volunteer committees. Responsible for committee relationships and timely committee materials and meeting minutes.
- Serves as a member of the internal events team and provides support for sponsorship recruitment being undertaken by other members of the sponsorship team.
- Collaborates with manager for auction/raffle component of internal events, including solicitation of in-kind auction items.
- Manages event décor, set-up, close-out, and break-down.
- Trains and co-manages volunteers involved in Foundation-produced events and promotions.
- Recommends and implements, as directed recognition programs for donors related to internal events and promotions.
- Manages internal event budget for select events – income and expenditures to ensure that income/pledges are received and expenses are within desired projections and are not exceeded.
- Manages event donor acknowledgement process.
- Secures, tracks and manages event in-kind partners and donations and executes auction fulfillment as needed.
- Works with Communications staff to adequately position events on organizstion's website, newsletter, and social media.
- Works with Communications staff and/or helps to produce promotional material related to internal events to ensure timely production and that the goals of events and promotions are met.
- Drafts correspondence and proposals for in-kind partner opportunities
- Responds to daily inquiries and requests from interested partners in a timely and professional manner and overall fundraising plan.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of arts or science degree required.
- Minimum of five (5) years previous event management and corporate sponsorship experience within a non-profit organization.
- Computer software competencies essential - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint. Raiser’s Edge, and design software experience desired. Online event registration experience helpful.
- Public speaking experience essential.
- Self-motivated, creative problem-solving team player who is a detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to interact with diverse groups and work successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented organization is essential.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Qualified candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Special Events Manager Search
One Bulfinch Place, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02114
Or email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.