Massachusetts and Rhode Island seeks a Communications Director to oversee and direct a broad range of functions. The director is responsible for leading the organization’s communications (print, digital, and media efforts) to advance the agenda of Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island in its two state-territory.
Other key responsibilities include include managing staff and directly engaging in the production of key marketing materials for the organization, program script writing, oversight of social media messaging, video development (as needed), and working with media on wishes, promotions, events, and key organizational initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Communications Director will serve as a member of the senior management team. This is a full-time position located in Boston, MA.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communications Director for Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island (MAWMARI) will be accountable for but not limited to the following key responsibilities:
- Develop, with input from department directors and other key stakeholders, an annual overarching marketing and communications plan to support the advancement of MAWMARI in its two-state territory.
- With communications/publications staff, both oversee and directly prepare marketing and communications collateral, including event and promotions publications, newsletters, organizational brochures, and fundraising solicitation materials, including annual campaign brochures.
- Develop a comprehensive media relations plan for each key initiative and for the overarching mission of the organization: wish PR. In partnership with, and with support from, key communications staff, seek external media opportunities and serve as spokesperson or engage CEO or lead staff members.
- Oversee, support, and engage in website updates ensuring compliance with national standards.
- Lead communications staff to ensure that the organization is active in promoting our activities and events through social media channels and as requested through Make-A-Wish America (MAWA).
- Oversee and engage in discussion of key wish stories for promotion and brand visibility where and when appropriate and sanctioned by family and wish departmental leadership.
- Engage in marketing and promotion of signature fundraising events (e.g., Annual Gala, golf tournaments, Evening of Wishes Dinner, Wine and Wishes, etc.) throughout two-state territory in partnership and collaboration with events staff.
- Partner with communications/publications staff and others to develop and execute on program material design and launch for local promotions and national promotions (in collaboration with MAWA).
- Oversee internal and external use of Make-A-Wish brand and related trademarks and logos by internal and external constituents when needed.
- Develop and manage communications budget in partnership with department leads and CEO.
- Develop and employ appropriate metrics and analytics to ensure efficacy of marketing and communications programs, particularly focusing on time spent on social media and the return.
- Manage communications and PR staff.
- Partner with other Make-A-Wish colleagues from major market chapters and and MAWA and participate in best practice exchange and other communications fora.
- Keep current on and follow all local MAWMARI policies and programs as well as national standards.
- Support and partner with other colleagues to advance the overall agenda of the organization.
- Support overall goals of the organization.
- Other assignments and duties may be forthcoming from time to time from the CEO.
The position calls for a versatile leader with integrity, an understanding of the nonprofit sector, and strong communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate is an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and mission/team-focused environment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or Marketing is required; Master’s Degree in communications preferred;
- Successful integrated marketing and communications professional (7 plus years) with a track record of developing consumer-facing strategies and programs across a variety of channels to engage audiences, in partnership with colleagues, and to increase visibility of organization;
- Nonprofit professional work experience preferred;
- Collaborative team member who is comfortable working as an independent contributor on a project and as a member of a team;
- Superior written, oral, and public speaking skills;
- Flexible, engaged, and supportive colleague and team member;
- Attention to detail and quality at all times;
- A customer service, can-do attitude is required;
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed; and
- A sense of humor will be appreciated.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Click here to submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Liz Lombard and Turner Delano.